Access the Captions & Subtitles editor
1.Log into Vimeo.com
2. Click on the “My Videos” tab
3. Select the “Settings” icon in the upper right hand corner of the video you want to edit
4. Click the “Advanced” tab
5. Select the “Settings” icon in the upper right hand corner of the video you want to edit
6. Select “Launch Editor” under “Upload or create your own files”
7. Select the language of your video and the language of the captions or subtitles you are creating
Edit Captions and Subtitles
Confirm and type captions in the space below as you hear them
- Once you’ve reach the end of the video this button will become clickable.
9. Now using the up and down arrow keys, sync the captions with the video. Once everything has been synced click “Start review”
10. You can use the mouse to finely tune the length of time each caption is visible. Select “Publish” once you have finished.
Enable Captions & Subtitles
11. Return to the “Advanced” setting tab and turn captions on
12. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select “Save Changes”
13. Your video will now have captions.